The Covid-19 pandemic has wreaked havoc on our economy and thrown manufacturing businesses off-kilter. Some are even struggling to stay afloat while maintaining recommended precautions. At KCMA, we understand how difficult and uncertain these times are. Our commitment remains strong to the industry and supporting your business, and we want to share some best practices for maintaining your business during a time of social distancing.
- Build Your Outreach: Try to amp up your online networking with social media, promotions or anything else you believe will help your business stay top of mind with potential clients. Let your clients know that even during these tough times, you are still here for them. Some great ways to stay connected are hosting virtual events, and increasing communication by email and personal phone calls.If you have had an outreach or promotional idea in mind, revisit it and see if you can configure it to fit the current global situation.
- Remain Financially Prepared: Try to identify areas where you can hold down costs and review any credit lines you may have. Another idea is to move money so you can access it quickly. A key to productivity and profitably during this crisis is to keep your employees feeling secure and informed. A great resource has been published called the COVID-19 Company Playbook by Ask Almanac. It provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions by employees, which could be a helpful resource for communicating with your team.
- Check off Any Pending Tasks: Do you have tasks on the backburner iny our mind that you’ve always wanted to work on but never had the time? Tasks like starting a blog on manufacturing, creating an online portfolio of cabinetry samples,etc.? Now is a great time to revisit those ideas. Not only will it keep your workforce moving forward, but when this pandemic is over, you will have checked items off your to-do list and even taken some great business steps forward.
- Collaborate with Other Manufacturers: There is power in unity and numbers. By partnering with manufacturers in the industry, you can support and recommend creative ways to help each other’s businesses and cover gaps in workflow as a result of this pandemic. Think of it as a way to help grow the pool of ideas to make it through these tumultuous times.
- Using Technology: If a big part of your business was in-person meetings or presentations to potential customers,it can seem like you have limited options these days.Virtual events are a great way to fill that gap. CMXHub has a comprehensive list of Tips, Tools, and Examples for Event Organizers During the Coronavirus outbreak, which can be found here.
- Keep Your Team Safe:We know there are situations where you and your team won’t be able to switch to working remotely, so it is important to provide an environment where precautions are being taken. Wearing masks, maintaining 6-foot distances, additional cleaning and disinfecting of workstations are just a few examples. The CDC has put together a great list of safe workplace practices for essential workers.
KCMA remains dedicated to growing and preserving the cabinet manufacturing industry,especially during these difficult times. Visit our members-only COVID-19 Updates page to see continuous up-to-date information on the pandemic, how it is affecting the industry and what steps our members are taking to respond.