We blogged previously about why you should choose KCMA Quality Tested Cabinets (or why you should get your cabinets tested), now we want to show you.
If you ever wondered what exactly your cabinets went through to earn this seal - check out our video above and find out. Take it from thisoldhouse.com - KCMA certified cabinets are functional, well-made and built to last.
KCMA's rigorous, in-laboratory compliance program measures the integrity of cabinets through five tests covering cabinet structure, door and drawer operation and the cabinetry finish:
- Cabinets go through a variety of weight tests to ensure they are safe, sturdy and durable for their future owners. Falling cans, china collections and even grabbing a hold of a cabinet door during a fall are no match for KCMA-certified cabinets
- Cabinet drawers are slide tested for 25,000 cycles. That's 25 years' worth of use in average family homes. KCMA-certified cabinetry will keep pace with any lifestyle
- The cabinets are swing-tested to avoid the shoddy look of loose or unaligned cabinet doors that often occur over time. KCMA certification ensures that tested cabinetry operates flawlessly with no signs of damage or looseness
- The finish of every cabinet is tested to ensure it can stand up to real world use. The KCMA testing process exposes cabinetry to stain threats of vinegar, grape juice, coffee, alcohol and even mustard for varying amounts of time
- Cabinets are heat-tested to prove they can handle the inevitable temperature hazards in your kitchen with no discoloration or blistering
A recent study by Hanley-Wood revealed that 3rd party testing is one of the top five reasons for choosing a kitchen cabinet. For more than 45 years the industry has turned to KCMA to validate the quality and durability of kitchen and bath cabinets. Learn more about the KCMA Quality Certification Program on the KCMA website.